- 2 lbs ground beef or venison (I prefer the deer meat :))
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-15 oz. can pinto beans (or two if you like beans)
- 2-11.5 oz. cans Ro-Tel (It’s canned diced tomatoes and green chiles. If you don’t have Ro-Tel, you can use 2 cans diced tomatoes and add another can of diced green chiles.)
- 1-6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup beer (Dark Amber Beer, the alcohol cooks off.)
- 2 tsp chili powder, more/less to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Brown the ground beef/venison with the onion and the garlic until no pink remains.
- Put browned meat with other ingredients into crock pot or slow cooker, give it a good stir, and leave to cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-6. (I think it’s better when it’s cooked on low, and even better if you eat it the next day).
- Serve to your family, friends or missionaries topped with an option of sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cilantro, diced onions and crumbled tortilla chips and watch it disappear.