We grow cucumbers in our garden and have been blessed with so many it is almost hard to find things to do with them all. After a while I get tired of making them into pickles.
These little sandwiches are so simple to make and are perfect for weddings, church potlucks, visitors at your home or just to munch on during the week for lunch or a snack.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dillweed (optional)
- 20 sandwich bread slices
- 20 thin wheat bread slices
- Process cream cheese and mayonnaise in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Combine cream cheese mixture, cucumber, garlic salt, and dillweed.
- Spread cucumber mixture evenly onto white bread slices, and top with wheat bread. Using a 2- to 3-inch round cutter, cut sandwiches, discarding edges. Or cut crusts from bread, discarding crusts, and cut sandwiches into quarters. Store cucumber sandwiches in an airtight container for up to 1 hour before serving.
If you would like to do something different, you can also serve it as a dip with assorted crackers or as a cucumber wrap using 4-6 flour tortillas and a slice of deli meat. 🙂