- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour baking dish.
- Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Combine flour with baking soda and salt. Add to batter alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for about 1 ½ hours or until a pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to stand 5 minutes and remove from pan and finish cooling on a rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Source: Granny’s Favorites Cookbooks