- 12 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 6 scallions, white and green parts
- Plum tomato or 1/2 of a large tomato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 12-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Jalapeño, diced (optional, this is my add on)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add some salt and pepper. Beat with a whisk or fork until well mixed.
- Trim the ends from scallions and slice thin. You should have about 1/2 cup.
- Cut the tomato into 1/2-inch dice. You should have about 1/2 cup.
- Using a non-stick pan or a cast iron skillet, heat the oil until hot over a high heat. Add the scallion and tomato and a bit of salt and pepper. Saute until the tomato is broken down, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and scramble. Cook until just set.
- Lay the tortillas on a flat surface. Divide the eggs evenly between tortillas laying them in a strip from one side of the tortilla to the other, about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom.
- Pull the bottom of the tortilla up over the eggs, tuck the tortilla into the egg until it feels snug and roll it up, like making a nori roll. Cut the rolls into halves or thirds. Serve immediately or reheat on a panini press before serving.