Below is the original recipe he loves. I have since added things to make different meals such as chicken, thinly sliced beef, peas, carrots, but you get the idea. The possibilities are endless. 🙂
- 3/4 stick margarine
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 cups of minute rice, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken soup)
- 1- (8oz) jar of cheese whiz (Yes, they still make it!!)
- 2- (10 oz pkg) Frozen Chopped Broccoli, cooked and drained, no salt.
- Regular or sharp cheddar cheese, for topping.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Melt butter and saute onions.
- Combine soup, water, salt and cheese whiz in large pot and heat, add rice and broccoli. (You would also add cooked chicken, peas or anything else you would like to add at this time.)
- Top with sharp cheddar cheese.
- Pour onto a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 45 minutes at 350°.