- 3/4 Thick and chunky Salsa, add more to taste
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (small pieces not huge chunks)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 pound Velveeta mild Mexican cheese (we have also used regular and it turned out fine)
- 6 inch Corn Tortillas, cut in half
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Cook chicken in skillet and at the same time, place cheese and soup in a sauce pan to melt.
3. After Cheese mix is melted (no lumps) add chicken.
4. In an 8×8 square cooking dish, line with halved tortillas on the bottom.
8. Bake 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Serve Chicken Enchilada Casserole with remaining salsa, sour cream, jalapenos or whatever your heart desires. 🙂