- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 pound cottage cheese, pureed.
- Mini marshmallows, optional
- Shredded coconut, optional
- 1 (3 ounce) packages orange flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine the oranges and pineapple in a large bowl and mix together with the pureed cottage cheese.
- Add the dry orange flavored gelatin powder and stir until well blended.
- Fold in the thawed frozen whipped topping and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Use less Whipped topping. We have used 8 oz tubs instead of 16 oz, but its personal preference.
Drain fruit VERY well. Let sit in the fridge for 2-3 hours for a better set.
You can change the mandarin oranges to strawberries, use strawberry jello (or strawberry/banana jello) instead. Top with bananas right before serving.