Broccoli Salad is such a refreshing dish all year around but we especially love it for cook outs and church pot luck dinners. I never bring any back home with me so I keep a cup or two at home. 🙂 Below I have given you three options. A recipe for 5, 10, or 15 people. All recipes require the same preparations. If you need to stretch it a little further or want a new twist, you can add some small bits of cauliflower as well. Just make another batch of sauce and slowly add it until it taste right for you and your family.
I serve cherry tomatoes on the side for those who love them in their salads.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Dab all grease off bacon strips. Cool and crumble. (I like it slightly crispy, its your choice on how you like it.)
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces and cut the onion into thin bite-size bits. Combine with the bacon, raisins, and your favorite nuts and mix well.
- To prepare the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together until smooth. Stir into the salad, let chill and serve with in a few hours. I usually make it the morning I am going to serve it.
Ingredients for 15 people
- 3-1/4 heads fresh broccoli
- 1-3/4 red onion
- 13 ounces bacon
- 1-1/4 cups raisins (optional)
- 1-1/4 cups sliced almonds (optional). An alternative I use is sun flower seeds.
- 1-2/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, optional
- 3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon red OR white wine vinegar
Ingredients for 10 people
- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 3/4 cup raisins, optional
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, optional. An alternative I use is sun flower seeds.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
For 5 people
- 1 heads fresh broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon raisins, optional.
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon sliced almonds, optional. An alternative I use is sun flower seeds.
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
I hope you, your family and friends enjoy this amazing dish as much as I do. 🙂
Keepin It Spicy,