One of my favorite food for breakfast is yogurt. As many of you know I like to make my own things so I have a better idea of what is in it. This recipe is very versatile with the ingredients, but you will have to recalculate the calorie count based on what you add or take away.
You will need:
- 4-5 half pint size mason jars
- 6- Frozen Sweet Dark Cherries, or any frozen fruit you desire, smashed
- 3/4 cups of Fage Yogurt, pronounced Fa-Yea
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon sliced Honey Roasted Almonds, (I get these in the salad topper section.) I like to switch up the toppers and use things like granola or oatmeal.
- Layer ingredients as follows: Smashed Cherries/Fruit, Yogurt, honey, roasted sliced almonds.
- Place lid on jar and put in refrigerator.
I usually won’t eat it until the next day. Mix the fruit up into the yogurt and enjoy. You have a delicious, low calorie breakfast or snack.