This will be one of those foods that is considered heaven in your mouth, so come with an empty belly and be ready to take a nap. 🙂 The ingredients are very basic and versatile. We like heat in our house so often times my recipes call for Jalapeño Peppers, but of course those are always optional.
- 4-6 Large Baked Potatoes
- Nacho Style Cheese Sauce, your choice
- Jalapeno Nacho Slices, Optional
- 1-2 pounds of cooked pulled pork or shredded beef
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb, or your choice
- Any other topping your heart desires. Onions, mushrooms, etc…
- Bake your potatoes in the oven or the microwave until soft. For the microwave, simply wash and pierce the skin in a few places to let the steam escape. I usually allow for 8-10 minutes for 1-2 potatoes depending on size. If a knife inserts and exits like its cutting butter then its done. 🙂
- You can make your pulled pork or shredded beef from scratch or you can buy it already made at Sam’s or Wal*Mart in the frozen section and simply heat it up and top with warmed BBQ sauce. (TGIF pulled pork is the best in my opinion, but I really prefer shredded beef.)
- Once everything is done cooking then layer the potato in this order.
- Baked potato cut long ways.
- A little butter and garlic and herb spices. (McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb is my choice.)
- Nacho cheese
- BBQ Sauce
That’s it!! Dinner is served and everyone is happy, happy happy. I won’t lie, its messy, but its worth it. If you have any suggestions please feel free to add them to the comment section.
Keepin It Spicy,
Recipe Inspired by Shane’s Rib Shack