I LOVE tomato soup with a hot grilled cheese sandwich. Especially in winter!! So when a friend of mine (Phinecia Ham) sent me this recipe I had to share it with all of you. The recipe below is for one pint size jar of soup, however I like to think beyond that.
We have about 3-4 months of cold weather per year so I am going to incorporate this into our winter meals. So about 17-20 of these pre-made up would allow us to eat this wonderful soup once a week for 4 months. Of course if you want to eat it more than that you can just double up. Sound good?
If you wanted to add more calories you could also store crackers or boxes of jiffy cornbread mix right along side of your soup. (Ingredients are below the video)
- One pint jar
- Sandwich baggies, only if using cheese in the recipe
- 1c Tomato powder
- 1/2 c Powdered Milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp butter powder
- 1 cup Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese in a sandwich baggie on top of mix.
- Vacuum sealer or oxygen absorbers.
Cooking Directions To Print For Jar:
- Add mix to 4 cups boiling water. Reduce heat then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top when serving.
- Layer all ingredients in jar except cheese.
- Place cheese in a sandwich baggy and fold tight.
- Put cheese on top of mix in jar.
- Wipe rims and place lid on the jar.
- Use vacuum sealer and attachment to seal the jar. Then screw on the ring. (Or use oxygen absorbers.)
- Print/Write cooking directions and attach to the jar along with the date.
- All finished!!!
(Serves 4 people and makes approx 1-2 cups per person. Only you can figure out how much it takes to fill up your family.)