I love broccoli Salad!! It is one of my favorite things to make at parties or church pot lucks and is always a huge hit. I have my own recipe I use of course, but I came across this wonderful delight on Facebook and decided to share it with you all because it tasted so good. I hope you enjoy and please feel free to leave a comment or tip in the comment section below.
- 1 lb chopped broccoli
- 1 lb chopped cauliflower (chopped into very small chunks)
- 1/2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled (about 7 slices) This can be optional if you don;t like meat.
- 2 cups grated Smoked Gouda or Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar OR to make it diabetic friendly you can use Liquid sweetener (sucralose or stevia) to equal 1/2 cup sugar
(this is optional…but the sweet taste is popular in this)
- 1/2 tsp salt, OR to taste
- In large salad bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, bacon and 11/2 cups Smoked Gouda or Cheddar cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar or liquid sweetener and salt.
- Stir the creamy mixture into the broccoli salad.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover the salad bowl with plastic wrap and chill before serving.
- Leave out the cauliflower and use only broccoli.
- Add some chopped or sliced red onions.
- Replace the cauliflower with diced cooked chicken.
- Maybe add in some chopped, hard boiled eggs.
It really is that simple….no cooking!!
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 serving
- 302.9 calories
- 25.7 g protein
- 25.7 g fat
- 1.6 g fiber
4.1 g net carbs
Source: Low Carb News